Technical Support Engineer
Codacy is a Lisbon based DevOps Intelligence Platform that helps thousands of developers ship billions of lines of code per day by automating and standardizing code reviews. Our mission is to help software development teams make great engineering decisions and create productivity through quality.
We are a small team of highly dedicated and ambitious people. We are curious, funny, radically honest yet kind, and we thrive on collaboration and transparency. Our main focus is on creating value for our customers.
We are looking for a Second Line Support Engineer who will play a key role in developing and maintaining a strong customer perception of support quality, bringing customer and support feedback into the product, and troubleshooting/solving bugs and complex issues.
Codacy users reach out to the Support team for all general and product-related questions. You will help troubleshoot and solve technical issues and ensure that the team is always able to drive a smooth adoption of Codacy.
What will be your day-to-day?
- Replicate, troubleshoot and solve technical issues together with customer-facing teams;
- You will be debugging our product, finding issues on our codebase, and solving them with the help of our engineering team;
- Escalate to product and engineering teams and collaborate in triaging, prioritizing new features;
- Identify recurring technical issues and collaborate with the team on improvements to the internal documentation as well as the customer-facing documentation;
- Help team members stay up to date on product knowledge and answer their technical questions;
- Suggest and implement process improvements to improve the support workflow.
What skills are needed?
- Ability to debug, triage, and solve technical issues and summarize all the steps along the way;
- Experience solving technical problems;
- Experience with at least one Object-Oriented Programming language and the ability to understand and debug code;
- Experience with Git;
- Knowledge of SQL;
- Knowledge with unix command line desirable;
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics simply and clearly in written and spoken English with the other teams;
- Ability to maintain clear, concise, and positive communication for all cases in a timely and efficient manner including follow-ups with team members and engineers;
- Experience with development and deployment workflows
- Willingness to teach and learn;
- Creative thinking/problem-solving;
- Ability to provide ideas and assist in the creation of documentation and training material for external and internal support content.
What else makes working at Codacy great?
- Competitive Salary. Check our salary calculator at https://www.codacy.com/careers
- Comprehensive health insurance for household members, with dental and vision;
- Generous learning and development budget;
- Flexible holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- A remote first work policy