Backend Software Engineer
Our vision is to enable everyone to craft software with confidence while focusing on impacting the world at the speed of thought. Our DevOps Intelligence Platform includes two products that enable software development teams to achieve their full potential and give management teams visibility on their investment:
- Codacy: provides software analysis to help developers quantify and act on their software quality, engineering performance, and security
- Pulse: measures engineering health and performance so teams can continually improve with data-driven insights
We're curious, funny, radically honest yet kind, and we thrive on collaboration and transparency. We're a team of highly dedicated and ambitious domain experts brought together by the mission to help development teams reach their full potential, and driven by having a worldwide impact on software development.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer who will help Codacy develop core product features by using the right technologies and collaborating with the Product and Tech teams.
What will be your day-to-day?
- Be part of one of our development squads to become one of our top developers;
- Develop our core products and components;
- Collaborate with other teams in order to improve the overall architecture of our application;
- Define, implement and support a distributed application;
- Improve the application lifecycle, from deployment to real-time monitoring processes.
What are the skills and experience needed to do the job successfully?
- 3+ years of experience with at least one Object-Oriented Programming language and the ability to write efficient, maintainable code;
- Wanting to learn to develop and support data-driven applications in Scala or Go;
- Experience with concurrent users application development;
- Knowledge of SQL and also be familiar with other data storages;
- Familiarity with data structures and fundamentals of algorithm design;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables;
- Design, communicate, and implement solutions effectively;
- API development and Feature Development effectively;
- Knowledge and experience with Git and Git Workflows;
- Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code and AWS experience is desirable but not a requisite;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or closely related field is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of English.
Who will you be working closely with?
- A close tight knit team of passionate like minded software engineers.
What else makes working at Codacy great?
- Competitive Salary. Check our salary calculator at https://www.codacy.com/careers
- Comprehensive health insurance for household members, with dental and vision;
- Generous learning and development budget;
- Flexible holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote work.